Welcome to Centro
Centro is open to everyone and here to help. We are devoted to assisting the residents of the Tri-City Area in securing the services they need to live happier, healthier and more productive lives.
Our Mission is to help poor and low-income families:
- Secure their immediate and basic needs and rights
- Retain their pride and dignity
- Become self-sufficient and productive citizens
We Do This By
- Helping residents overcome barriers like poverty and language issues
- Strengthening immigrant families
- Assisting the needy
- Promoting self-reliance
- Serving as an advocate for our clients
Indeed, we provide a full array of social services to each and every person — from diverse backgrounds, with diverse needs - who comes through our doors. Our services are delivered with cultural and linguistic competence by caring and skilled staff volunteers.
Centro's Services Include
- Food Distribution
- Community Thrift Store
- Interpretation/Translation Services
- Immigration & Citizenship Services
- Legal Aid & Paralegal Services
- Notary Services
- Information & Referral Services
- Access to Shelter & Housing Services
- Linkage to Health Care
- Job Placement Assistance
Established in 1974, Centro de Servicios is the oldest not-for-profit, social service agency in Alameda County’s Tri-City Area. Indeed, Centro is the sole provider of social services to low-income residents of Union City and neighboring cities.
Recently celebrating 40 years of operations, our bilingual and bicultural staff now serves over 1,300 families per month, out of multiple locations. We are constantly fine-tuning and expanding our services and facilities to better provide for our community.
In coordination with our extensive community partnerships, our dedicated staff and volunteers enable us to operate and utilize funds efficiently. By keeping overhead and administrative costs low, we can assure a continuation of services well into the future.